Eleven reasons this day, the eleventh day, of the eleventh month of 2011, rocks (in no particular order):
- It’s Friday. Friday, by default, is the best.
- It’s Veteran’s Day. Thank you,Veterans. You all deserve more than one day of recognition. There’s a parade in Raleigh this morning.
- As announced here, Daisy Cakes opens its brick & mortar location at 401 Foster St in Durham today. Take eleven friends down there and get a dozen delicious cupcakes.
- Love ’em or not, it’s pretty freakin’ awesome that the Tarheels will play in the first ever Carrier Classic aboard the USS Carl Vinson tonight.
- At 11:11:11 am (in any time zone) on 11/11/11, fans of Nigel Tufnel will celebrate the man who coined the phrase (you know the one) and we will turn it up one louder.
- On a related note, here’s a music venue in Raleigh that Mr. Tufnel might enjoy.
- This date, 11/11/11, comes around once every hundred years. That’s once in a lifetime, for most of us. We should take a moment, or eleven, to ponder.
- Today’s temps will really feel like fall, and that makes for good baking weather. For some reason when I bake muffins, I end up with enough batter for only eleven. Today, that’s the magic number.
- Speaking of “one louder”, Franco opens a new exhibit today. Go check it out and enjoy 2nd Friday Artwalk in Chapel Hill.
- Only 11 days remain until the special Pre-Thanksgiving Market at five area farmers’ markets on Nov. 22nd. Hope you’re working out that Thanksgiving menu to include some local goods!
- For some lucky dogs, today is a day off work and those dogs get to sleep in a bit longer. Lucky dog.
Happy Friday. Happy Veteran’s Day. Happy Nigel Tufnel Day. Happy three-day weekend to all you lucky dogs.