The more I learn about food, the more I realize eating isn’t simple for many. Some people choose to avoid certain foods as a matter of personal choice, while others must avoid foods that trigger adverse (and serious) health conditions. Next month, the Gluten and Allergen Free Wellness Event returns to the Triangle with invaluable information for people with gluten intolerance and other food allergies.
Last year, the event at Raleigh’s Cobblestone Hall attracted more than 700 attendees seeking information and resources for living allergen free. This year the event takes place on August 17th (10 am to 4 pm) in downtown Durham at the Durham Convention Center (in the Marriott), 301 West Morgan Street. Admission to the event is $10 (free for kids under 13) and includes:
- Product sampling and sales from more than 50 (local and national) companies
- Free lectures from well known members of the gluten-free community about gluten and allergen-free living
- Free cooking demonstrations that invite you to explore the world of gluten-free cooking one delicious bite at a time
- A free gift bag to tote around samples and purchases
Tickets cans be purchased now (online here) or at the door the day of the event and each registered attendee is automatically entered in a drawing to win a gift basket from the event sponsors. To plan your event agenda, take a moment to review the complete list of speakers and presenters found at the event website.
For those that like to connect via social media, below are some links to event bloggers, tweeters and pinners focusing on gluten and allergen free living:
- GFAF Wellness on Pinterest
- Follow @GFAFWellness and look for the hashtag #GFAFWellnessEvent on Twitter
- Pam of the blog “I’m a Celiac” tweets at @ImaCeliac (and she’s recently published a cookbook!)
After the event, I’ll put up another post with event details and information relating to Triangle area resources for gluten/allergen free information and products. If you have any local favorites you’d like to share, please do (via the comment section).